Subject focus - Maths
At Hamilton, our main aim is to develop a pupil’s ability in mathematics to the fullest by providing a wide range of mathematical experiences and resources to make it interesting and easy so that each pupil becomes confident in the subject and achieves at the highest level of which they are capable. Within this broad framework we endeavour to:
· Provide a broad, balanced and progressive curriculum that is accessible to all pupils
· Provide opportunities for all pupils to develop the numeracy skills required for success in adult life
· Provide a firm foundation for appropriate further study
· Develop Mathematics as a powerful tool, which can be used across the curriculum
· Develop reasoning, problem solving skills
Pupils are given the opportunity to complete a GCSE course as well as sit a functional skills entry level exam. When pupils leave at the end of year 11 they leave with at maths qualification appropriate to their ability.